Dental bridges, or more specifically, a porcelain bridge is a treatment option for replacing a missing tooth.
A porcelain bridge is a highly aesthetic and functional option that will replace the lost tooth.
If for any reason you have lost a tooth or teeth that has resulted in a gap between your remaining teeth, you are likely a candidate for a dental bridge. Your other options are dental implant replacements, or removable partial dentures. When you schedule a consultation with the Aloha Dental Group, we will review each of these options with you to find out which is the best treatment for you.
Advantages of a porcelain bridge include:
- Dental bridges are a highly aesthetic option for replacing a lost tooth
- Aloha Dental Group bridges look and feel and function like natural teeth
- All porcelain bridges do not have the ugly gray line at the gumline (like porcelain bridges that have a metal substructure)
Disadvantages of a porcelain bridge include:
- The teeth on either side of the missing tooth/teeth must be prepared for a restoration
- All of the teeth in the dental bridge are connected, so flossing is more difficult
- If one tooth on the bridge has a problem, the whole bridge must be replaced
If you care for your teeth the way we recommend, then your porcelain bridge should last a long time. Our Aloha Dental cosmetic dentists guarantee their work for years.